6 April 2009

Seeing double...


I came across these gorgeous Veronique Leroy black leather and straw wedges (top picture) and silently yelped (I was supposed to be working, not on the Crackberry), aren't they gorgeous? They say 'urban warrior running around the city in the summer', the contrast of the black leather and summer straw wedge is fabulous and sleek, a shoe that will toughen up the prettiest of summer dresses. But I'm gloomily guessing they're at least a few hundred quid...a few hundred quid too expensive, unfortunately. So you can only imagine my glee when I saw these Topshop Winona peep espadrilles, they're pretty similar, yes?! And at a snip of the (expected) price, £55, minus student discount of course (hey! It really does matter) £49.50, can I really say no??

2 comments:

Frock Around the Clock said...

Good old student discount! I do have to argue a bit with Topshop these days though because my sister stole my student card to use as ID (even though it doesnt have a date of birth on) and lost it so I had to pay five whole pounds for a new one, only the new one doesn't have the year of graduation on so I have to tell this story every time I buy anything and sometimes show my 16-25 railcard which is completely unrelated but they seem to like it. :) x

Emma Daniels said...

Ha ha that's so random! And annoying! Mine expired half way through being a student (?) but they gave me a new one when I asked, and they posted it to me, which I thought was pretty nice, but in those few wee weeks I had to do without, it was crucial! Everything I bought where I could be using my student card I'd think in my head 'if only I had a new student card, I could have got like 10% off, darn it, I'm being robbeddd' lol. My sister took my expired one and now uses it as ID too!! Hey, what's better (older)than a student? An expired student! :) x