7 February 2009

To love....or not to love?


I'm not going to lie, I am a magazine addict. I'm out of the closet! Tuesday to me is 'magazine day'. Walking into Borders on Oxford street is lethal, they do the best selection of magazines! Do I really need Vogue magazine from different countries, hell yeah! My purse says otherwise....

And now, next month will see the release of a brand new bi-annual style magazine, edited by former editor-in-chief of Pop, Katie Grand, no less. Condé Nast, which also publishes Vogue and GQ, has said the title will be “larger than most monthlies” in page size, and that it will be “edgy and exciting”. According to the March issue of Vogue the title of the new magazine is to be 'Love'.

Commenting on her appointment, Katie said she was looking forward to building up a new magazine from scratch again. “A fresh start is always fun, and we have lots of ideas we can't wait to start working on,” she said.

Nicholas Coleridge, managing director of Condé Nast, said it promised to be an excting launch. He said: "It is a new departure for Condé Nast UK to publish an edgy, high-end style title in this sector, and in Katie Grand we have the perfect editor who brings the perfect team.”

To be honest, I will be buying this magazine, surprise surprise. But, 'Love', really? Doesn't sound high-fashion, edgy and exciting to me....thoughts???

No comments: