20 July 2009

My LOVEly weekend






I kicked the weekend off by taking my friends to my current favourite restaurant for food and wine. Woke on Saturday and made a fabulous breakfast to start our day, sauteed bananas on American waffles with syrup and cinnamon. Yum!

Lovebox Festival started bright and early at about 1:30 Saturday afternoon. The day itself is mostly a haze, of which I am still recollecting. But what I do remember was that in all her feathered, wavy red haired, pale, long-legged glory, Florence Welch and her ever-changing Machine were the absolute hi-light of a fantastic weekend. And I have now come to the conclusion that I love her (though I always thought I may, her performance cemented it).

We ended the weekend, feeling slightly dog-eared, no less, with a rummage around brimming Brick Lane. Where I picked up this funky sweater (pictured) for a few quid and a(nother) quirky jumpsuit-come-playsuit....it has culotte style trousers, so what do you call it? Is it a playsuit? Or is it a jumpsuit? Oh the fashion technicalities...

No comments: