7 February 2009

My 'ugly' cardi




Scalloped detailing is everywhere for S/S 09, from Christopher Kane to Chloe.

So, embracing the trend forthright I dug out my cardigan with scalloped edging. I have been dieing to dig this cardigan out for ages. I bought it in a sale at one of my favourite vintage shops in Manchester. It cost a couple of quid, it's pale yellow, and everyone who sees it deems it rather unsightly (which only makes me love it more) or they just laugh, which isn't unusual for me, I wear birds in my hair and more recently my bowler hat was the brunt of one of my uncle's jokes, in which I replied 'I officially work in fashion, you can no longer skit at me'. It was only yesterday my dad called me MC Hammer (harem pants).

Anyhow, my cardigan is of velour material and is essentially an 80's made leisure wear cardigan/jacket. And I couldn't be happier than to have it on my back again. Laughs or no laughs.

No comments: